Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Head is SPINNING

I've been so incredibly busy these past couple of weeks... and for the first time in a REALLY long time... I feel like myself again.

I've always been the girl that wasn't happy unless I had a million and one plates in the air... juggling them all with grace and ease... and if one went crashing down, I picked it up and put it back together again.

I've been watching Battlestar Galactic upon the recommendation of my friend Megan over at meganligeti.com: A Pretty Girl in a Nerdy World (check it out--it's a great insight into the "nerd" culture.)  I find there's lots of wisdom in the nerd world that I love so much.  I'm constantly quoting Lord of the Rings and the like... and Commander Adama of the Battlestar Galactic said something early on in the series that blew my mind:

"It's not enough just to live.  You have to have something to live FOR."
(He's so wise)

It's true.  I spent the past two years trying to "relax" and "let go" and "live like other people do" and not "stress out so much" and "just have a good time."  Well, guess what?  THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME!

I'm Type A.
I like to be in control.
I like to be busy.
I like to make things happen.
I can't "just have fun."  I have to have a passion project, a strong dream, something to work towards and for.

I spent so much time trying to find myself that I completely and totally lost myself.  But the good news is, I'm pretty sure that what once was lost has now been found.

My other blog, Delicate Princess Tummy, has become my passion project.  I work on it ALL the time.  I truly feel that this is what I'm supposed to be working on right now.  I don't know where it's going to lead me, but I know I love working on it, and feel like I'm on the right path again.  I get to combine my love of food, time in front of the camera, and engaging with other foodies.

So now that I have the website all redesigned, my next steps are to figure out Twitter and start networking with other food bloggers... and get people who aren't my friends onto the Delicate Princess Tummy train.

And that's terrifying.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw! I heart you, Brit K! :)

Kathryn Theriot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn Theriot said...

So happy for you, my Brittany!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Thanks for the mention! Sorry I've been so lazy with keeping up on my blog reading. Basically, you are a better friend that I am. :/ I'm trying to make up for it by annoying you with a flobbity jillion comments in one night!