Monday, June 25, 2012

Chug Chug Chuggin' Along

Mondays are probably my favorite day of the week.  I wake up at 6am and go to yoga, get home by about 8:20, take a shower, eat breakfast, and get to work on my dreams all day long.  It's the one day I hardly ever work at my bar, and one of my most productive days of the week.

Of course, next Monday I start teaching improv out in Long Island, but that's only for 4 Mondays, and I know I will thoroughly enjoy that as well.

However, this morning I was awoken at 5:30 am by my own brain.  I went to sleep at midnight, so it's not like my body was waking itself naturally because it was well rested.  A little internal alarm went off, and I was instantly bombarded with so many thoughts, key among them being: "You don't have time to sleep!  Get up get up get up and do things!!!"  This has been happening a lot recently, where I am instantly awoken from a deep sleep by my brain, and typically it's followed by a rather intense panic attack.  Then the panic attack increases because I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR A PANIC ATTACK I NEED TO SLEEP BECAUSE I AM SO TIRED.

It's exhausting.  But also, I'm glad to be panicking.  I'm glad to be feeling motivated and like I'm working towards things.  I feel like the little engine that could.  Eventually I gotta get to something.  So when I saw this  picture on facebook this morning, it made me smile.  I wanna be that guy on the top... not the giver upper on the bottom!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh wow...that is a GREAT picture! Inspiring! Love it!

Kathryn Theriot said...

Love that picture! You keep on a going!