Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tune Up

Wow!  It's been since NOVEMBER that I did a balance check-in.  A LOT has changed since then.  I know pride cometh before the fall, but I'm pretty darn proud of where I find myself these days.  Let's check in with my list!

1)  Create a schedule for myself.

  • BAM.  Did it.  I know what each day is going to bring for me, and yes, it may vary according to whatever things life springs upon me, but I know what days are my grocery days, when I go to yoga, when I'm going to write... etc etc.  I use google calendar to plan out my upcoming week each Sunday, and that definitely keeps me on task.  I find myself with so much to do these days that I can't even enjoy watching Hulu or television without working on a project at the same time, unless I happen to be taking an eating break. 
2)  30 Day Yoga Challenge.
  • I've decided I'm going to attempt one of these every 6 months.  Not only does it help my pocket book since I get a free month after completing the challenge, but it reminds me that going 5 or 6 times a week is way easier than going EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I completed my most recent challenge on March 15, and since have gone to yoga at LEAST 5 times a week, sometimes 7. I've never felt the freedom in my body that I feel now, and I honestly feel like it's my tool that I can manipulate in whatever way I choose.  Completely necessary for an actor.
3)  Project Get an Agent
  • Well... I have yet to land representation, but it hasn't disheartened me... much.  The path that I've taken to gain representation has opened doors I hadn't even considered before.  As a result, I am now writing my own one woman show, working on developing 2 web series, and booking relevant, paying, acting work.  I just think I haven't met the right agent yet... and I do really want it to be a good fit.
4)  Resume classes at UCB
  • I didn't even remember that this was something I had actually set as a goal for myself, but my subconscious must have remembered, because last week I started Improv 201 at UCB.  So far I super duper love it and am so excited to continue on with the classes all the way through to 401 AND BEYOND!!!!!
5)  Begin Production on my Web Series
  • This has been stewing for a while... but it is STILL happening, people.  In fact, I'm meeting with my partner in crime on Monday to continue working on it.  It's morphed and taken new shapes... but we have a website!  With absolutely nothing on it yet... but you can take a look at what we're forming at  http://www.wix.com/brittanylynnkriger/toonicegirls.  Yeah, there's literally nothing on it. We're working away, though, I promise!
  • Also, I've started collaborating on another web series with someone else.  I had the idea, told him about it, and pretty much handed it over to him.  I have too much on my plate at the moment, and he was passionate about writing it.  So, we're working on it together loosely, as in if I have any more brilliant ideas, I tell him and he takes into into consideration--also, I'm going to have a part written in for me... but... so yeah!
6)  Travel somewhere cool
  • Well, I had a trip planned to Maine for June, but then realized I have a show for when I planned it... so nix on that.  But, I'm heading to Louisiana in a couple weeks for a wedding, and then of course planning to visit my sister in GERMANY this Christmas, so I'm kinda saving up my funds for that.
So now, what are my plans moving forward?

Well, I want to have a concrete story arc for my one woman show by the end of May, get my other blog, www.delicateprincesstummy.com, looking more professional  (I have a date set with a photographer to get some photos to do a redesign), continue to pursue agents, but also just plain continue booking work, and OF COURSE, become an awesome ukulele player.  You hoped I'd forgotten, didn't you?! But I didn't!  Here's my weekly uke video!  


And, as promised, Nancy's epic white girl dancing video (around the 1:30 mark is my favorite):



2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are hilarious! Love your ukelele videos! And love to hear about all your plans!!! You're doing awesome!!! LOVE YOU!

The Incubator said...

I was exhausted from hearing about all of your lists and activities, so the musical interlude was great! Nancy has nothing on you -- she couldn't accompany herself:)