Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lava Lamp On

My brain is like a big swirly whirly lava lamp of ideas right now.  I have so many projects I want to work on, and while that is amazing, I'm TERRIFIED.  I'm writing my own one woman show.  Still working on that web series.  I want to do a travel/food blog/web show.  I am starting work on a show with a friend.  AND THE CONSTANT WORK OF BECOMING A WORKING ACTOR IN NYC.

Phew.  Wow.  Actually typing it all out like that makes it seem like a lot less... and that's why I've become obsessed with lists and spreadsheets and charts and journaling these days.  Seriously.  My computer has become overwhelmed with files with names like:  Master Project List, One Year Goals, Budget, Vision Board, Actions... etc. etc. etc.

So why am I telling you this?  I DON'T KNOW.  Word vomit?  I mean... I guess it's because I feel that I may actually be kind of balanced right now... especially in comparison to past me... and I've learned that one of the secrets of my personal success is sharing what I'm working on and having the knowledge that it's out there in the world hold me ACCOUNTABLE.

So here you go, world, I'm sharing what I'm doing!

I've started writing my own one woman show.  I don't really know what it's going to be yet.  But I'm writing.  Ideas just pop into my head and I write them down and I'm HOPING that eventually it will all start to make sense.  I'm sure that anyone who is a writer would scoff at this, especially anyone who has taken any writing classes (I have NOT), but I'm trying.  And I do want to get into a writing class.  It's on my list of Actions toward achieving this end.... on my Master Project List.  So it's a kind of terrifying and daunting monster.  But sort of a fun roller coaster at the same time.

I also saw a casting alert for a new food and travel show.  They were looking for a host.  I have often thought in the past that I would LOVE to be the host of a travel show. I LOVE TO TRAVEL.  So I submitted myself for consideration.  Why the heck not, right?  One of the submission criteria was to write a short blip about why you would be a good host.  What do you bring to the table that isn't already on tv.  Well, as you all know, I try very hard to eat a gluten and dairy free diet.  And I'm a vegetarian.  This has opened my palate up to a whole new world of foods I would have NEVER explored.  And I often think about traveling... like, if I go to visit my sister in Germany... what in the world will I eat?  SO.  I submitted myself for consideration which is fine and dandy, but I didn't follow through because they wanted me to send them links to a food blog if I had one and make a 10 minute mini episode of me being a host of a travel/food show and I had two days and no time and didn't feel like putting all of that work into it... BUT.  It sparked the idea that I'm super excited about.  My sister is moving to Germany.  I want to go visit her.  How can I justify going to visit her in Germany for 3 weeks and leaving NYC and my job and all?  BY MAKING IT A WORKING TRIP AS WELL.  So I'm planning on starting a food blog.  Recipes.  Trying new restaurants in NYC and other cities I travel to.  And when I go to Europe, make a show about traveling abroad as a gluten and dairy free vegetarian.

Done.  There.  It's out there.  Now I gotta get my little hiney in gear and DO IT. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Haha! That's awesome! I love it! :) :)