Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Reset

Well, I'm sitting at my little Ikea counter in my little studio apartment drinking coffee out of my little ginormous mug trying to catch up on life.  My mom and sister arrived a week ago today for a NYC adventure, and boy, was it that!  I completely ignored my entire life and obligations, and it was glorious.  Unfortunately, now I have the task of remembering where I was and getting back into the right state!  (Well, state of mind... not STATE as in NY... that's the nice thing about staycations!)

We ate and drank our way through the city, like us Kriger girls like to do, and I'll just give you a lil highlighted version of what we got into!  The first 2 days were spent scouring the city for a birthday dress for me and boots for my sister and momma.  I felt that for my 27th birthday, I wanted to have a grown up birthday at a nice restaurant with nice cocktails, nice food, and nice clothes... but I didn't realize it would be so difficult to find the perfect birthday dress in NY!  (Trust me, it was difficult... I even considered just wearing my birthday suit!)  But I ended up with a beautiful Alice and Olivia dress (which I can't find pictured on their website... so you'll just have to use your imagination) and we had a WONDERFUL dinner complete with a most delicious surprise birthday cake compliments of my momma!  We went out for a few more cocktails after dinner and returned home at a respectable, adult hour.

After returning home at the respectable, adult hour we had a day of recovery that involved ordering in room service and finally making our way out of the hotel by 2 in the afternoon.  The next few days were spent eating at delicious restaurants and exploring NYC's finest attractions--the Tenement Museum, The Guggenheim, The Merchant House Museum, and the sensational, experiential theatre phenomenon--Sleep No More.  Google it... it was AMAZING.

It was an absolutely wonderful trip... and rather bittersweet as it was probably the last Kriger girl vacation of this sort.  With that sister moving off to Germany with her husband and future children... I expect the next time I see her she'll be a few months pregnant... and we'll be in another country... so... that's crazy!  The future is such an exciting little beast, all full of surprises and twists and turns...

So now it's back to the old grindstone.  To get back into the swing of things I am resetting my body.  Today I began another 30 day Bikram yoga challenge--so I will be done with that on March 15, and I also received a coupon from the Blue Print Cleanse for 20% off my next cleanse... so obviously I took advantage of that, and next weekend I will reset my stomach and body with a 3 day cleanse.  Ever since Thanksgiving I've been tottering on the top of the gluten/dairy free wall... and with this staycation I completely fell off.  So it's time to reset my food intake and get my body back to feeling its best.  And lastly, I've signed up for a seminar in which I will be working with 3 of NYC's top casting directors in film, tv, and legit theatre.  So I have a lot to work on... and I'm excited to refocus. 

Hope you are all having a wonderful week, and that you had a WONDERFUL Valentine's day.  I love you!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw! I'm glad you had a good time with your mom & sis! Love you!!!

The Incubator said...

So glad your birthday was magical:)