Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lull....

Well, this week sure has been like being through the Looking Glass.  I just feel like my head hasn't been on straight at all.  Yesterday I kept thinking it was Tuesday all the day long, and I completely missed my normal Wednesday blog day.  Thank goodness there isn't a large contingency of readers holding their breath for each Wednesday to roll around.  I think I'm coming out of my post staycation lull, though.  Thank goodness.  I was having a lot of trouble getting up motivation to do much of anything, so mostly I spent the week forcing myself to yoga classes, working, knocking small things of my to-do list, and journaling.  Oh.  And watching both seasons of Downton Abbey.  So good.  It's like BBC crack.  Except PBS...

I also have a new gluten free/dairy free obsession.  They're called Lara Bars... and they are amazing!  They market themselves as "energy bars"... and though I can't really see any actual INTENSE nutritional gain from them,  they are most delicious and make a fantastic snack!  They come in a variety of flavors, some of my favorites thus far being pecan pie, peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter chocolate chip, key lime pie, and cappuccino (though there are SEVERAL others, many of which I haven't even tried yet), and the real kicker is each flavor contains no more than 2-9 ingredients!  For example, the peanut butter and jelly flavor is just dates, peanuts, dried cherries, and salt.  Pecan pie is dates, pecans, and almonds.  I don't know how they are so amazing... but they are.  Nom nom.

On the career front, I have a meeting next week with a writer I worked with last year on a new play called, "Dear, Mortimer."  He wasn't very clear in his message on what exactly he's been working on--I think a new play and perhaps a screenplay--but he seems to have held auditions this past week, and he wants to meet with me and one other actor from last year's production about something... so we shall see.  I enjoy doing new work, but with the goals I've outlined for myself, I really want to do work that will progress my career, and if this venture would take a like of time away from my goals, I may have to say no... but, again, we shall see!

If nothing else, I need to stay busy!  When I have free time, it's no bueno for Brittany.


But... the most exciting thing is tomorrow I pick up my Blue Print Cleanse, so I will spend Saturday, Sunday, and Monday doing house cleaning on my innards.  I just can't wait to taste those juices again--especially the Pineapple, Apple, Mint one... YUM!


No comments: