Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Weekly Torture

So, in this quest for balance, one of the most important things I've discovered is that I have to figure out which things in life make me happy and then make sure I DO those things to stay happy. (I mean... watching Hulu for hours is entertaining... but it does very little to develop my life and perpetuate self satisfaction.) Obviously my ukulele has brought me great joy since I first purchased it a couple weeks ago.  It has yet to bring anyone else joy--I'm sure my neighbors are so sick of hearing "Rainbow Connection" and "Obladi-Oblada" that they want to punch me in the face by now... but I'm hoping eventually, and with a lot of practice, it will bring joy to others, as well.  I'm off to my first ukulele lesson now--up until this point I've learned everything from Youtube.  Which... is great.  But I feel like a real human will be able to give me some pointers and help me out in a way that the adorable old man on my computer screen can't.  I apologize in advance for this, but I've decided that once a week I'm going to post a video of me wailing away on my ukulele.  It will keep me accountable for learning new songs and practicing, and you will be so lucky as to watch me progress.  Hopefully.  Or you will watch the video below and decide you NEVER want to hear me play the ukulele again.  Your choice.  I won't be mad.  Except for you, Momma and Daddy--you have to watch.  You created and birthed me and made this happen.


2 comments:

The Incubator said...

Applause, applause, applause . . . you made me cry:) This is just like before you went to first grade and you thought you needed to learn to read before you went, so you spent the summer learning to read "Norma Jean Jumping Bean." Nobody says you don't prepare for you life's scenes, my dear!!! Can't wait to hear about you first lesson and see your progress on the videos.

Melissa said...

Haha! Love the story above. ;)

And hey! That wasn't bad! :) YAY! I can't wait to hear about your first lesson!

Btw... i had to read Brad your blog from when you first got your ukelele... and play him your first video (both, actually). He was CRACKING UP at that first video. Not laughing at you, just at how cute you are playing a ukelele! Am i spelling that wrong? It looks wrong.

Love you!